Snowball Touch: iPhone Game

Snowball contemplates options

Snowball contemplates options

I just put up a little sneak peak about Snowball Touch up on YouTube. Kinda weird putting it out there as I’ve been working on it for almost a year. That sounds more impressive than it is, though.

I had a short period in the Summer when Apple had just announced it’s iPhone App Store plans that development was going at lightning speed. I had a low class load and my brother Brian doing some supporting code work. We wanted to hit the App Store opening day but we couldn’t quite squeeze that in. Then, Brian got a responsible programming job and started his career — he had just graduated from college.

snowball_icon_purpleSince then I have had some good fortune at work which has meant less time to work on the game. The short story is my time to work on the game has been reduced to roughly one day a week. That slowed things down to a crawl. I remember saying I had about two weeks more work to go at least six months ago.

The other challenge through this whole project has been the shifting iPhone App Store market. It’s been fascinating to follow but difficult to target. That’s a discussion for another day.

For now, I’ll be VERY interested in response to my little teaser video. So, if anyone lands here from the video, please comment.

Here it is, btw:

Tags: , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “Snowball Touch: iPhone Game”

1. Brett Archibald says:

I’d love to be notified when this game goes live, but you don’t appear to have any facility for that – not even any contact email address for me to email you…???

2. Fletch says:

The game looks great, I would definitely buy it if it was released at a reasonable price point

Do you have any idea when this will be released? Or any pricing details?

3. aaron says:

Thanks for the interest! I’ve barely promoted anything about the game. Sort of in trial-balloon stage as far as that goes. Can you guys tell me how you found the site? I’m guessing the Youtube video.

The game isn’t quite beta yet. There are a couple of features that remain to be ironed out. Namely, some (rather basic) cinematics and stage-to-stage stats. On top of that I need to flesh out the stages with some intermediate steps (the learning curve is way too steep right now.)

The specifics of when is too difficult to project at the moment, but I’d very much like to get it out there by the end of May.

As far as price goes I’ve already adjusted my plans on this more times than I can count. Much depends on the situation of the store when the time for release comes. There will be a lite (free) version and there’s a good chance that the stages will be broken up into 3 or so separate sets with individual mini-stories at inexpensive prices. (After iPhone OS 3.0, I’d like to implement in-game extension purchasing for those who want more.)

I’m more interested in what you think a good price would be and what you’d expect to be included at that price.

As you can probably tell, this operation is just getting started. I’ll be happy to answer any questions you have!

If you’d like to be placed on a notification list –and that’s all I’ll use it for unless you ask for something else– email me here:
    aaron@buzzabit.com
    Just put the word snowball in the subject somewhere. :)

Brett, I’ve added your email since you requested. Let me know if you want to use a different one.

4. Brett Archibald says:

Thanks for add…

I found your gameplay demo video on this forum:

5. Fletch says:

I saw the video in the same place, I would consider checking out the forums, at least when you get closer to releasing, as it’s a great place for developers to commuicate with consumers

if you could add me to the notification list too that’d be great

Really lookin forward to the game…

6. aaron says:

Thanks to both of you for the tips. Very nice. I love Touch Arcade! I just haven’t visited the forums much… that will promptly change. ;)

You’re added now fletch.